As long as you live in one of the eligible cities, you can apply to any other city that is participating in the competition!
Deadline to apply is July 31st!
Marysville is Empowering Community Innovations to Streamline Manufacturing
NWIRC and the City of Marysville are focused on the theme of Streamlining Manufacturing.
The rise of new digital industrial technology, known as Industry 4.0, is a transformation that makes it possible to gather and analyze data across machines, enabling faster, more flexible, and more efficient processes that produce higher-quality goods at reduced costs. This manufacturing revolution will increase productivity, shift economics, foster industrial growth, and modify the profile of the workforce — ultimately changing the competitiveness of companies and regions.
Some ways to streamline manufacturing include (but not limited to):
- Collaborative and Autonomous Robotics
- Big Data and Analytics
- 3-D Visualization
- Augmented reality
- Indoor navigation
- Horizontal and vertical integration
- Industrial Internet of Things
- The Cloud
- Additive Manufacturing
- Automated Assembly
This competition is open to any resident who lives in one of the 8 participating cities (see cities and links below).
- You can apply to any of the themes(not just your city, you apply to the city whose theme fits your idea). Check eligibility by zip code here.
- You can apply more than once.
- You can apply to more than one theme.
- You can form a teamof up to 3 people.
- You don’t need to have any business experience, just an ideafor how to solve the challenge.
- You can submit ideas forproducts or services.
- The ideas are still yours to pursue after the competition.
- You can get helpfrom the NWIRC to answer questions.
*Be sure to review all the rules before applying. Once you submit an idea you cannot revoke it, but you can update submissions.
Tips for coming up with ideas to submit for the challenge:
- Great ideas start with you – As the individuals who work every day in the industries that could use innovation, you’ve got great ideas to solve these challenges. You may not think the ideas are good enough or the right fit – but you never know until you try.
- Think small to think big– Small ideas can have big impact, by solving one problem in a bigger process efficiency can be dramatically improved, creating a big impact.
- Focus on one problem at a time– Identify a problem within any industry that benefits from the theme concept and look to solve that problem only. If you have multiple ideas to solve the idea, submit multiple ideas.
- Dream big – think about the bigger impact on how the industry can be defined or disrupted in the long run, not necessarily that one single idea needs to be big and bold.
- Quantity over Quality – it may seem a bit counter intuitive, but when you are in the idea stage, you want to have lots of ideas to work from instead of a few. Brainstorm, then you can narrow it down.
Let’s inspire your creativity to streamline manufacturing! Click on the links below to see stories about innovations in the theme.